After a successful holiday tournament through much of December for Pennsylvania online poker players, PokerStars is lining up the next big tournament — the Winter Series Tournament begins Jan. 22 in three states, include Pennsylvania.
The Winter Series online poker event will also be available for New Jersey and Michigan online poker players and will guarantee more than $2 million, according to a news release. Pennsylvania is guaranteeing $1 million for its third Winter Series.
New Jersey will offer a $500,000 guarantee for its sixth Winter Series, while Michigan will post $650,000 for its inaugural winter tournament, the release said.
In each of the three states online poker players will have an opportunity to play in 42-44 events that will feature several freezeout tournaments.
There will be buy-ins for different bankroll budgets ranging from $10 to $1,000, with Pennsylvania averaging about $108 per event. New Jersey is slightly more expensive, averaging about $121 per event, the release said, while Michigan will be $100.
Additional PA Winter Series Highlights
Other highlights of the PA online poker tournament include:
- New segmented depositor "FREEZEroll" offers.
- If Pennsylvania players deposit $30 or more, they will be eligible to enter a FREEZEroll (single entry) for a chance to win a share of $3,000 in Pennsylvania Winter Series tickets on Jan. 22.
- Pennsylvania players who deposit $100 or more can enter a FREEZEroll (single entry) for a chance to win a share of $10,000 in Winter Series tickets on Jan. 22.
- Daily $1,000 Second Chance Freerolls start on Jan. 23.
- There are High-Roller events for $500, plus $1,000 High Roller Freezeouts.
- $10 Freezeouts offered daily from Jan. 25-28 in Pennsylvania.
- Main Events start Jan. 30 for two days, along with Mini Main Events
Online Poker Legal in PA
In addition to Pennsylvania and the other two states with the Winter Series, online poker is legal in Nevada, Delaware and West Virginia. PA online casinos are also legal.
Owned by Flutter Entertainment, PokerStars will host the Winter Series in the three states simultaneously.
During December in Pennsylvania, PokerStars had a special “25 Days of Tournaments” that rand until Dec. 30. Each day had a surprise tournament for players in each state that wasn’t found on the regular tournament schedule.
In the fall, PokerStars offered Fall Fest tournaments in the three states. The fall tournaments ran from Nov. 20-29.