Philadelphia 76ers 2023-24 Championship Odds
Dive into the statistical landscape of the Sixers' title odds for the 2023-24 NBA season with our detailed odds table. This comprehensive compilation provides a snapshot of the team's journey, with all the Sixers' odds to win provided by ESPN Bet.
|Win NBA Finals
|Win Eastern Conference
|Win Atlantic Division
|To Make Playoffs
|To Miss Playoffs:
A Quick Glance at the Philadelphia 76ers NBA Team
Here's a quick look at the Sixers' performance in the League throughout history, plus where you can bet on them during the regular season.
- NBA Championships: 3
- NBA Finals Appearances: 9
- Where to Bet on the 76ers: BetFred Sports, BetMGM, BetPARX, BetRivers, Betway, Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, ESPN BET, FanDuel Sportsbook, FOX Bet, PointsBet, TwinSpires, Unibet
- 76ers Sportsbook Partner: BetMGM
Latest 76ers News and Key Developments
We're taking the pulse of the Philadelphia 76ers' journey this season, unpacking the latest 76ers news and key developments shaping their pursuit of championship glory, for the benefit of NBA bettors at home. In this section, we will take a look at all of the most pivotal moments that have significantly influenced the team's championship hopes thus far. From game-changing team performances to off-field personnel selections, this is where we will highlight five key dates and events that have left an indelible mark on the Philadelphia 76ers' trajectory.
It's been a rollercoaster 12 months for the team, with the arrival of a new coach, several new players being traded in and out, and the departure of an all-time NBA great, so read on to see what we think about how the past year has shaped the Sixers' chances at glory this year.
Additionally, this is a great chance for us to cast our gaze to the future, identifying and discussing five upcoming events poised to have a substantial impact on the Philadelphia 76ers' fortunes. We are providing all of our valued readers with a comprehensive insight into the unfolding narrative of the 76ers' quest for NBA supremacy over their rivals.
As always, it's a packed season schedule, with games against the Boston Celtics, the Los Angeles Clippers, the Phoenix Suns and more, so we are here to round up all the grudge matches and clutch moments on the Sixers' horizon. It's only just over six months until those all-important NBA Playoffs, so these are the most important dates in the calendar if the Sixers want any chance of reaching those Finals -- not to mention the possibility of claiming their first Championship in more than 40 years.
- 📆 May 3, 2023: Joel Embiid wins NBA MVP - the Cameroonian center headed off both Nikola Jokic and Giannis Antetokounmpo to take last season's top player award, underlining his importance to the 76ers.
- 📆 May 14, 2023: 76ers lose to Boston Celtics in Playoffs - They took it to Game 7, but after the Sixers lost to their sworn enemies the Boston Celtics in May, the start of their rebuilding project for the postseason began in earnest. A lot has already changed since then, but fans will still be thinking of that defeat when they next face the Celtics in February.
- 📆 June 1, 2023: Nick Nurse joins as new head coach - the man who led the Toronto Raptors to their first Championship in 2019 joined the 76ers in the summer to replace former coach Doc Rivers. Can he bring home the Sixers' first Championship ring in four decades?
- 📆 October 29, 2023: Nurse gets first win - Joel Embiid and Tyrese Maxey each scored 34 points to give new coach Nick Nurse his first win, with the 76ers winning 114-107 against Nurse's former team the Raptors. It was a compelling statement of intent, but it really underlined the importance of Embiid and Maxey to this team.
- 📆 November 1, 2023: James Harden agrees deal to join the Los Angeles Clippers - The NBA's all-time top-scoring left-hander -- and last season's NBA MVP -- will of course be sorely missed, as will PJ Tucker and Filip Petrušev, who left the Sixers for the Clippers at the same time. Without Harden, the 76ers' odds to win the NBA are significantly longer. Can Joel Embiid fill those considerable shoes?
- 📆 December 25, 2023: 76ers take on the Miami Heat - Scheduled for 8pm on Christmas Day at the Kaseya Center, this game is sure to bring some festive entertainment to the busy Holiday schedule. This isn't a vintage Heat team, but they will provide a stern test if the Sixers are to mount a serious challenge this year.
- 📆 December 30, 2023: 76ers take on the Chicago Bulls - The Bulls are always tricky customers for the Sixers, so this game at 8pm on the penultimate day of the year is a must-watch. 76ers fans will be hoping for a late Christmas present to see them into the New Year.
- 📆 January 16, 2024: 76ers take on the Denver Nuggets - The current NBA Champs come to the Wells Fargo Center in January. Unsurprisingly, the Nuggets are also this season's favourites to win the Championship. There will be few greater tests for the Sixers this year.
- 📆 February 27, 2024: 76ers against Boston Celtics - The Sixers don't have a great record against the Celtics of late, and they will play their biggest rivals again in February. This is a crunch game between sworn enemies, so do not miss it.
- 📆 June 6, 2024: NBA Finals - The NBA Playoffs are scheduled to start in June, and if all goes to plan, the 76ers will be there.
Key Contributors on the 76ers Roster
Since the departure of James Harden, there's little doubt who the Sixers' most important players are this season: Cameroonian center Joel Embiid and American point guard Tyrese Maxey. Embiid and Maxey emphasized their supreme importance to the Sixers by scoring 34 points each against the Raptors in Nick Nurse's first win as Philly's new coach.
Perhaps less obvious is the importance of unsung heroes like the versatile Paul Reed, utility forward Tobias Harris, and Embiid's understudy Mo Bamba, each of whom could be crucial as the season progresses.
Where Can I Bet on the 76ers?
In the vibrant realm of sports betting in Philadelphia, enthusiasts have many options to wager on the 76ers, both through online platforms and in-person at renowned casinos. Popular sportsbooks and mobile apps like FanDuel, BetRivers, and DraftKings provide PA residents with a range of convenient digital avenues to place sports bets on the 76ers right from the comfort of their homes.
For those who prefer a more immersive experience, several casinos in Pennsylvania offer in-person betting. Among a few notable locations are the Rivers Casino Philadelphia, Parx Casino, and Harrah's Philadelphia Casino, each of which provides a dynamic atmosphere in which fans can engage with the excitement of live sports betting while supporting their beloved 76ers. Whether through the convenience of mobile apps or the thrill of in-person betting, Philadelphia residents have a diverse array of options to engage with the fervor of 76ers basketball.
Philadelphia 76ers 2023-24 Schedule: Top Games
Now let's dissect the Philadelphia 76ers' chances for the 2023-24 NBA season by taking a look their game schedule. From high-stakes matchups to crucial road trips, this section will provide an insightful overview of the key dates and challenges awaiting the 76ers in their quest for success on the court.
1. Miami Heat, December 25, 8pm ET, ESPN
This Christmas Day brings a treat as the Philadelphia 76ers face off against the Miami Heat at 8pm ET, a spectacle not to be missed and conveniently aired on ESPN. Beyond the festive entertainment, this game poses a significant test for the Sixers, serving as a pivotal matchup that could offer insights into their competitiveness against formidable opponents. As the holiday lights shine, the hardwood action promises both festive cheer and an intense showdown, making it a must-watch for fans eagerly anticipating the Sixers' performance on this special occasion.
2. Denver Nuggets, January 16, 8pm ET, TNT
Settle in for an intense matchup on January 16th at 8pm ET as the Philadelphia 76ers take on the reigning Playoff champions, the Denver Nuggets, with the game broadcasted on TNT. Facing off against the likes of the highly effective Nikola Jokić, the Nuggets pose a formidable challenge for the Sixers. This game promises to be a thrilling encounter, offering fans a chance to witness top-tier talent and strategic battles on the court between two powerhouse teams.
3. Boston Celtics, February 27, 8pm ET, TNT
Mark your calendars for a potential classic on February 27th at 8pm Eastern Time as the Philadelphia 76ers go head-to-head with their arch-rivals, the Boston Celtics, in a game airing on TNT. This clash carries more than just the weight of a regular-season matchup, as the Sixers aim to seek revenge for last season's playoff defeat at the hands of the Celtics. Anticipate an electric atmosphere and high-stakes action as the 76ers look to assert their dominance and turn the tide against their perennial rivals.
NEW: You can use the Fanatics sportsbook in Pennsylvania when it launches to bet on the 76ers.
76ers Championship Odds FAQ
Tyrese Maxey, De'Anthony Melton, Tobias Harris, Nicolas Batum and Joel Embiid make up the Philadelphia 76ers' current first-choice starting lineup.
The Philadelphia 76ers are currently sixth-favorites to win the NBA Championship, with odds of +1400. The Denver Nuggets, Milwaukee Bucks, Boston Celtics, Phoenix Suns and the Golden State Warriors are currently favored higher than the 76ers.