Will Eagles Head Coach Nick Sirianni Be Fired?

Will Eagles Head Coach Nick Sirianni Be Fired?
Fact Checked by Pat McLoone

How did this happen? Really, how?

How did a Philadelphia Eagles season that reached 10-1 after a 37-34 overtime home victory over the Buffalo Bills on Nov. 28 implode, with the team losing six of their last seven games, concluding with an uninspiring and lethargic 32-9 road loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Monday’s Wild-Card Playoff round? Eagles fans, especially those invested in Pennsylvania sports betting, couldn’t believe their eyes.

As recently as Dec. 1 Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts led NFL MVP odds at BetMGM Sportsbook PA.

Billed and hyped up as the showdown of the season with a possible rematch in the NFC Championship, the downfall started after a 42-19 home loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Dec. 3. A game that started with a 6-0 Eagles lead after the first quarter.

Going from a Super Bowl finalist a season ago to an epic collapse that has sports talk show phone lines ringing from a passionate fanbase to show their disappointment, PennStakes.com posted probable odds on whether head coach Nick Sirianni is fired.  Here are the results:

Will Nick Sirianni Be Fired?

OddsPercent Chance
Yes+25028.6%
No-25071.4%

These odds are hypothetical from PennStakes.com and will not be on any PA sports betting apps.

Terms apply for all bonuses. Must be 21+ to participate.  
Bonus Bets Expire in 7 Days. One New Customer Offer Only. Must be 21+ to participate & present in PA. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in NY, NV, or Puerto Rico.

Odds Lean Toward Sirianni Staying

A surprising NO was the decisive answer at -250 (71.4% chance). YES, Sirianni should be let go, came in at +250 (28.6%).

Sirianni has led Philadelphia to three consecutive postseason berths (losing twice to Tampa Bay in the NFC Wild Card Game). His overall regular season record is 34-17 (.667), including a 25-9 record in his last two season. His postseason ledger is a mere 2-3 (.400).

The question is: Will Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie make the move and start over, or will the flower be watered once again for another bloom? While Philadelphia anxiously waits, you can check out our PA casino bonuses on PennStakes.com.

Terms apply for all bonuses. Must be 21+ to participate.  
Bonus Bets Expire in 7 Days. One New Customer Offer Only. Must be 21+ to participate & present in PA. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in NY, NV, or Puerto Rico.
quote

Author

Lou Monaco had been East Coast Scene columnist for Gaming Today in Las Vegas since June 2019, covering the East Coast sportsbook scene with emphasis on NJ and PA. He also currently is a part-time writer for the high school sports department for NJ Advanced Media (NJ.com) in Iselin, NJ. Lou has over 30 years sports experience with previous stints at ESPN SportsTicker, Daily Racing Form and Oddschecker.

Cited by leading media organizations, such as: